TRAIL.MU ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Trail.mu (TRAIL EVENTS LTD) respects your privacy. When using our website, you may get information, communicate with us, or link to other websites with whom we do business. While doing this, you may give us information so that we can provide enhanced products or services to you, as well as personalize your experience on our Website.
Your privacy, and the privacy of all users of https://trail.mu, is of the highest priority. If you have any questions, please email us. This policy governs websites owned and operated by trail.mu. Our policy does not govern websites of other parties to which we may provide links because trail.mu is not responsible for, and cannot control the privacy practices or content of, those sites.
Here are the principles governing our information practices and other privacy aspects of our websites:
- Information Collection and Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cross-border transfer
- Questions or Suggestions
- IP Information Collection and Use Practices
- Data Storage
- Contact Us
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Trail.mu collects Personal Information when you register for trail.mu events, newsletters or activities, visit trail.mu pages, and enter promotions.
Trail.mu also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, trail.mu cookie information, and the page(s) you requested.
Trail.mu may collect any additional information relating to you that you voluntarily provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through our representatives or business partners.
Trail.mu may use Personal information received from you in connection with: to fulfill your requests for information on products and services or any specific questions sent to us, to respond to any complaints, to contact you about offers and new products, to follow up on marketing initiatives and to generally manage your relationship with us.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Trail.mu will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. Trail.mu will send Personal Information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of trail.mu (e.g. affiliates, distributors or resellers) to provide a product or service to you or for further follow-up related to your interests.
- We have to disclose your Personal Information in respond to a lawful request by public authorities and agencies, to meet any applicable law and regulation or to protect trail.mu’s assets as permitted by law.
We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Trail.mu complies with the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
Trail.mu adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access and recourse, enforcement and liability with respect to all personal information transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the US within the scope of its Privacy Shield certification. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Certain personal information may be subject to more specific privacy policies of trail.mu, which are also consistent with the requirements of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Unless we tell you differently, companies who work on behalf of trail.mu do not have any right to use the Personal Information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Trail.mu ensures that those companies are contractually bound to confidentiality and use the data received on behalf of trail.mu in line with this Policy and guarantee an adequate level of data protection.
Trail.mu will not be liable for any failure by the third party that receives personal information on behalf of trail.mu.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Trail.mu strives to keep your Personal information accurate and up to date. You may request to review, correct or modify and delete the Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. In such cases, please send us the respective request to [email protected] and we will respond to your requests within 30 days.
IP INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
Trail.mu receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a Web page.
When a trail.mu web page is requested and viewed, that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including estimating the total number of users visiting trail.mu from specific countries or regions of the world.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and is stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
- Provide you with customized content.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using trail.mu products and services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve trail.mu content and services.
- Require you to reenter your trail.mu password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you.
In addition to the first-party cookies we set, we use external services that set third-party cookies to:
• Enable information sharing across social media services.
• Provide you with targeted advertising in relevant contexts on external sites.
• Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using third-party services.
• Enable third parties to aggregate anonymous user behavior data and provide such research data to trail.mu.
• Monitor and report on site and service usage across trail.mu websites and web pages.
• Query third-party services such as Facebook for recently changed information.
SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
In addition to cookies, we use Web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs” and “1×1” pixels) and coded URLs. These techniques may be used:
• In online advertising to determine which advertisements you have viewed.
• In our promotional emails to track whether an email has been viewed and subsequent clicks on hyperlinks.
• To support remarketing for AdWords Ads on the Google Display Network. Remarketing technology serves you ads across multiple websites based on your browsing interest and behavior
In addition, you may choose not to open emails or download images in emails you receive from trail.mu.
To opt out of tracking via coded URLs, you may choose not to click on hyperlinks embedded in marketing emails you receive from trail.mu.